Connecting people, driving business
Telecom is an engine of growth, connecting people and opportunities around the world. To offer the effective networks users expect, providers must make constant investment and acquisition decisions. At the same time, they face pressure to provide fair, effective access through sound regulation and policies. Nordicity’s expertise helps providers to meet those needs – and to offer individuals, businesses, and public services the best technology and service.
- Spectrum auctions: Our experts guide bidders and regulators through the auction process, offering support for pre-auction spectrum planning, valuation and strategy, event management, "war room" tactical advice and logistical support, post-auction audit, and licensing. Our auction simulation tools are developed in partnership with Carleton University’s School of Mathematics and Statistics.
- Regulation and licensing: We help governments and regulatory agencies manage spectrum resources using various strategies including tailored valuation and licence fee models, spectrum audits, and support for developing and evaluating frameworks for roaming, interconnection, sharing of assets (such as transmission towers). We help incumbents and new service providers assess technology, market, and regulatory issues from a business perspective, and increase their enterprise value with competitive market entry strategies, innovative business planning, operational improvements and spectrum acquisition.
- Investment assessment: We help rural and remote communities develop broadband connectivity by assessing near-term connectivity and technology options, developing investment estimates and preparing funding applications.
- Industry benchmarking: We develop international cost and service benchmarks, do comparative analyses of policy and regulatory approaches, and assess the business performance of industry sectors and sub-sectors.
- Inter-platform competition: With the increasingly blurred lines between satellite, wireline, and wireless service providers, we help companies develop strategies to navigate challenges.
- Frameworks for licensing new entrants and increasing competition: We work with regulators, agencies and industry associations worldwide to craft proposals for regulatory frameworks and changes that shape telecommunications markets.