Strategy, policy and business analysis
Peter brings Nordicity’s growing suite of services to potential customers. He helps spot and nurture new areas of potential growth and value to clients. He is an internationally recognized expert in policy development and assessment, economic analysis and innovation, and business strategy and governance - in the arts, media, heritage, culture, and creative industry sectors.
Peter co-founded the firm in 1979. He guided Nordicity’s merger with PricewaterhouseCoopers in 1998 and was made national lead partner for the Information Communications and Entertainment/Media practice. He then led Nordicity’s re-emergence as a standalone firm in 2002. Over the decades, he has found new ways to drive the business and help companies, arts and heritage institutions, industry associations and government agencies transform themselves to the digital world.
Peter is a media commenter and frequent panelist or moderator at professional conferences. He is active in the arts and social justice community, as past chair of the board for the Inspirit Foundation, governance chair of Canadian Stage in Toronto, and currently a board member for Caribbean Tales Media. He is an adjunct professor at Schulich Business School at York University, where he teaches cultural policy to the MBA students in arts and media. He is fluently bilingual in English and French.
- B.A., McGill University
- MBA, Harvard Business School
- Inspirit Foundation: past chairman of the board
- Canadian Stage: past member of the executive committee
- Caribbean Tales: member of the board of directors
- Cities of Toronto and Vaughan: past member of the advisory committees for Smart Cities
- Centennial College: member, advisory board for Film & Television - Business
- Rolling Stone Cultural Council of America: member
- Various roles on boards of high-tech firms, TV broadcasters, and not-for-profit arts, education, political and social-service organizations